Kingsley Plantation House
Located at Fort George Inlet on Fort George Island, Kingsley Plantation House was constructed in 1798 by its original owner, John McQueen. Zephaniah Kingsley and his family lived on the 1,000-acre plantation in the early 1800’s, and prospered from their crops. Their home is the oldest standing plantation house in the state of Florida, and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The property was transferred to the National Park Service in 1989, and is open to the public as an educational facility.