Are we ready for the next storm? Hurricane season officially starts June 1 and we need to activate our community and our leaders. Join St. Johns Riverkeeper, Groundwork Jacksonville, and local experts for a special screening of The Human Element. A new documentary from the producers of RACING EXTINCTION, THE COVE and CHASING ICE, you’ll travel with environmental photographer James Balog as he captures the lives of everyday Americans on the front lines of climate change.
Immediately following the film, environmental and community experts will be on hand to discuss the impact of rising waters in our community and how you can help create a more resilient Jacksonville.
• Lisa Rinaman, St. Johns Riverkeeper (Moderator)
• Kay Ehas, CEO, Groundwork Jacksonville
• Dr. Jeremy Stalker, Associate Professor of Marine Science, Jacksonville University’s Marine Science Research Institute
• Melissa Ross, Host/Producer, WJCT’s “First Coast Connect”
• Community Spotlight: Alton Gordon, Poet and Activist, Ken Knight Drive Community
6:30PM – 7:45PM | The Human Element Screening
7:45PM – 8:30PM | Environmental Panel and Q&A
If we don’t act now, we will be even more vulnerable as waters continue to rise, flooding becomes more frequent, public infrastructure fails, and our river is further degraded by more sewage and pollution.
Wednesday, May 29 | 6:30pm-8:30pm