Volunteer for the River
Help St. Johns Riverkeeper by becoming a volunteer today!
Fill out our online Volunteer Application, and we will email you periodically with upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
- Stay tuned for future dates
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Virtual Rising Tides General Meeting, Tuesday, April 7th
- Come meet the Rising Tides Committee, 6pm
- Rising Tides: Virtual #SJRKtrashtag Challenge Cleanup, Sunday, April 19th
- Volunteers needed for cleanup, 10-12pm, all are welcome
- Virtual River Patrol General Meeting, Tuesday, May 5th
- Come meet the River Patrol, 6pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering for any of these events
Join Our Volunteer Groups:
- River Patrol: Join this on-the-water “neighborhood watch” program that helps us monitor the river and document and report problems that may be encountered.
- Rising Tides: Join our young professionals to help organize a social event to raise awareness for the St. Johns River or activate the St. Johns River with us on one of our paddles.
Other Ways to Volunteer
- Citizen Science: Become a Water Quality Tester and test for Algae Toxins and help inform the public of unsafe recreational areas.
- Cleanups: Assist the St. Johns Riverkeeper in removing unwanted litter from waterways and tributaries.
- Water Reporter: Use the Water Reporter app to report water issues throughout the watershed.
- Education: Assist Education staff with field trips, boat trips, clean-ups, lesson plans, education projects and more!
- Advocacy: Write letters to editors and elected public representatives and/or give a presentation to the public at an event to raise awareness and address critical issues impacting the health of the St. Johns River.
- Community Outreach: Raise awareness about the river and our organization at our information table at an upcoming event, local boat ramp or an event of your choice that relates to our mission.
- Event Planning: Help us plan, organize, and execute fundraising and outreach events.
- Fundraising: Assist with membership recruitment and retention activities, event sponsorships, in-kind contributions, and grant and research writing.
- Administrative Assistance: Help with monthly renewal mailings, thank-you notes, phone calls, filing, organizing supplies and database maintenance.