Volunteer for the River
Help St. Johns Riverkeeper by becoming a volunteer today!
Fill out our online Volunteer Application, and we will email you periodically with upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
- Stay tuned for future dates
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for any of these events
Join Our Volunteer Groups:
- River Patrol: Join this on-the-water “neighborhood watch” program that helps us monitor the river and document and report problems that may be encountered.
- Rising Tides: Join our young professionals to network with like-minded young professionals, raise awareness for the St. Johns River and current issues, and Get Your Feet Wet with us on one of our outings on the watershed.
Other Ways to Volunteer
- Citizen Science: Learn more about blue-green algae blooms and how you can report them when they show up in your neighborhood.
- Cleanups: Assist the St. Johns Riverkeeper in removing unwanted litter from waterways and tributaries.
- Monofilament Recycle Program: Help recycle and keep fishing line out of the St. Johns River.
- Share Your Knowledge: Volunteer and citizen-driven skill sharing series that’s all about highlighting you and your skills.
- Education: Assist Education staff with field trips, boat trips, clean-ups, lesson plans, education projects and more! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can help.
- Advocacy: Write letters to editors and elected public representatives and/or give a presentation to the public at an event to raise awareness and address critical issues impacting the health of the St. Johns River.
- Community Outreach: Raise awareness about the river and our organization at our information table at an upcoming event, local boat ramp or an event of your choice that relates to our mission. If there is an event you think we should have a presence at that you would like to volunteer for, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Event Planning: Help us plan, organize, and execute fundraising and outreach events.
- Fundraising: Assist with membership recruitment and retention activities, event sponsorships, in-kind contributions, and grant and research writing.
- Administrative Assistance: Help with monthly renewal mailings, thank-you notes, phone calls, filing, organizing supplies and database maintenance.