- This event has passed.
Bill Belleville Memorial Paddle on the Wekiva River
April 9 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
1st Annual Bill Belleville Memorial Paddle on the Wekiva River
Saturday April 9, 2022 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Bill Belleville was a renowned environmental writer and filmmaker and a true friend of our river and St. Johns Riverkeeper. Join us for an eight-mile round-trip paddle of the Wekiva River, an important tributary of the St. Johns, as we celebrate Bill’s life and legacy.
Paddle the Wekiva River from Wilsons Landing, upstream to the confluence of the Wekiva and Little Wekiva River, and back to Wilsons Landing. We will meet up at Wilson’s Landing Park (379 Malekean Trail, Sanford, FL 32771) at 9:30 a.m. to unload and park (facilities available).
This is an eight-mile round-trip paddle, mostly full sun. Moderate paddle skills required.
Please bring your own kayak or canoe, water and lunch.
Pre-registration is required. When you register, please check your email inbox and sign the liability waiver in your confirmation email.
More to Celebrate
This year is Friends of Wekiva’s 40th Anniversary, and a celebration will be held at Katie’s Landing from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. concurrently – please join the festivities after the paddle! Join their event on Facebook to learn more.
Enjoy and remember Bill while reading this selected list of books. You will find a “peace of blue.”
- The Peace of Blue: Water Journeys
- Salvaging the Real Florida: Lost & Found in the State of Dreams
- Deep Cuba: The Inside Story of an American Oceanographic Expedition
- Sunken Cities, Sacred Cenotes and Golden Sharks: Travels of a Water-Bound Adventurer
- Losing it All to Sprawl: How Progress Ate my Cracker Landscape
- River of Lakes: A Journey on Florida’s St. Johns River